Right, so as you may have guessed, this is a post just to make you smile. I’m feeling a little sleepy, and am half way through a serious post. But I figured if I needed a brain break you might too.
I love That 70s Show. Pie showed it to me and it’s freaking addictive. So skip the first two minutes of this and it’s just spectacular. Here it is!
And Pie sent me this funny video awhile ago, but I just discovered it and it makes me giggle
Especially since my cat does that all the freaking time. He’s just that silly.
Speaking of silliness, I wanted to share something that has made my day for awhile now. Don’t ask me why, but we can see the search terms people put in google to direct them to The Misses Pots. But the funny thing is that it’s rarely anything to do with POTS, nor do they generally makes sense. So I’m showing the best, I honestly look at the statistics just so I can see the silly things people type into search engines.
1. Voldemort. “Voldemort headphones”, “Voldemort jokes”, “Voldemort wants ice cream” “Team Voldemort” I kid you not, that’s just a smattering of them. This confuses me on a fundamental level. I think the second to last one is my favorite.
2. “How to make paper roses” this is a common one. I think our generation is incapable of making them. Yet they’re a popular commodity, the people have spoken! Shame google keeps sending them here. Must really crush all their hopes and dreams.
3. Aristocats. The best one was “kitten pain in aristocats” What kind of sadists read this blog??!
4. Happy Birthday. Nearly 1500 times. I’ve ceased to be amazed by that.
5. Monsieur Poirot. And every spelling combination possible thereof. Oh Poirot you dog. Diverting people to our humble blog. This makes me happy, apparently I’m not the only one in the world who reads Agatha Christie. I just might be the only one that can spell that character’s name.
6. “Crazy cat people” you have come to the right place!
7. “Teddy I love you” aw shucks. It’s so soon, I don’t even know your screen name yet!
8. “Pedialyte for horses” …? I see why you’re directed here, but why are you asking such a thing?
9. Jim Hawkins from the Disney movie Treasure Planet. People love him. I didn’t even know that movie was so popular. Of course, he’s voiced by Joseph Gordon-Levitt, so why should I be surprised?
10. “mushroom jokes” I want to be friends with you. So badly. Just so you will tell me jokes about my favorite vegetable.
Ok, so I used to love Safetysuit. Honestly, they’re pop at its finest. They’re like Onerepublic before they became big. So when a free giveaway on itunes appeared by them I was kind of psyched. And the lyrics are awesome for POTS. When I get sick I get angsty, dunno why. I guess it’s just a throwback to the situational depression I experience during my first couple years of POTS. I listened to a lot of Breaking Benjamin, especially their album “Dear Agony” Take that as you will. Anyways, ignore that tangent. Here are the lyrics.
“These times will try hard to define me/ And I’ll try to hold my head up high/ But I’ve seen despair here from the inside/ And it’s got a one track mind/
And I have this feeling in my gut now/ And I don’t know what it is I’ll find/ Does anybody ever feel like,/You’re always one step behind?/
Now I’m sitting alone here in my bed I’m waiting for an answer I don’t know that I’ll get/ I cannot stand to look in the mirror I’m failing/ I’m telling you these times are hard/ But they will/
And I know there’s someone out there somewhere/ Who has it much worse than I do/ But I have a dream inside, a perfect life I’d give anything just to work/ It’s like I’m only try’na dig my way out/ Of all these thing I can’t/
And I am/ Sitting alone here in my bed/ I’m waiting for an answer I don’t know that I’ll get
I cannot stand to look in the mirror/ I’m failing/ I’m telling you these times are hard/ But they will pass,/They will pass/ They will pass/ These times are hard/ But they will/
These times will try hard to define me/ But I will hold my head up high/
Sitting alone here in my bed/ I’m waitng for an answer I don’t know that I’ll get/ I cannot stand to look in the mirror/ I’m failing/ I’m telling you these times are hard/ But they will pass/
And I know there’s a reason/ I just keep hoping it wont be long ’til I see it/ And maybe if we throw up our hands and believe it!/ I’m telling you these times are hard/ But they will pass/ They will pass/ They will pass/ These times are hard/ But they will pass.”
So I really like it. Because sleepy days are the days you can go into your sad place. When that happens, I pray. Because it’s comforting to know that I’m not in control. That there is a better future, and even a better now if I look for it.
SPEAKING of looking for good things, I have something I would like to share. I was accepted into an Archaeology field school! So this summer I will be on a dig learning how to be an archaeologist. This will entail a month of being in a pit, learning to expertly use a trowel and brush. I’m probably going to come back blonde there will be so much sun. That’s strange. Teddy bears can’t be blonde. Maybe I’ll wear a hat. Anyways, this is a really big moment for me because of a few things. One, it’s competitive to get into. Two, it’s pretty athletic. This is important because I thought I wouldn’t be healthy enough to do this for years. Last year is when I started getting noticeably better, but I was still walking and it was quite a struggle. I almost had to quit school a few times. But when I was stuck inside, I would read archaeology mysteries by Amelia Peabody. And then, the days I felt well enough to walk, I would shut my eyes and pretend that I was in Egypt walking across a lifeless desert.
So, these times are hard. But they will pass. Have a wonderful Wednesday!